First week sales results are in with Kinect taking 5 of the Top 10 Xbox 360 sales chart. It looks like RARE might finally have a hit on their hands with Kinect Sports followed closely by Dance Central from Harmonix.
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision Blizzard)Even in the All Formats chart Kinect Sports does really well. It debuts at Number 4. With Dance Central at Number 13 and Motion Sports at Number 15.
2. Kinect Sports (Microsoft)
3. FIFA 11 (EA Sports)
4. Dance Central (Microsoft)
5. Motion Sports (Ubisoft)
6. Fable 3 (Microsoft)
7. Fallout: New Vegas (Bethesda)
8. Halo: Reach (Microsoft)
9. Fighters Uncaged (Ubisoft)
10. Kinectimals (Microsoft)
Software isn't the only thing affected by Kinect.
Console sales have also been bolstered by Kinect. The 360 has been outselling the PS3 and Wii for the past few months now but with the launch of Kinect sales more than doubled last week. So this will extend the lead even further. It looks like that 500 Million marketing budget is paying off.