Set in 2082, Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor depicts a world devoid of semiconductors, with warfare fought in vertical mech tanks across the war torn streets of North America and the rest of the world.
The game is set to deliver an "unprecedented level of control and interaction", by utilizing the traditional Xbox 360 controller for tank movement, aiming and firing of the main guns. Kinect is used for a "wide variety of other combat-crucial actions", from starting the engines, to manning the scope and turret mounted machine gun.
You can also interact with your crew members inside your tank, keeping them focused and preventing panic. You can even high five them after a successful mission.
- WARFARE EVOLVED – Steel Battalion Heavy Armor provides a combination of first person shooter (FPS) controller gameplay with immersive gameplay elements that only Kinect can provide.
- TAKE TO THE BATTLEFIELD – Instil fear in the enemy as the pilot of a Vertical Tank (VT), but feel fear of death as you and your crew become the focus of the enemy’s attacks.
- BROTHERS IN ARMS – Utilize Kinect to engage with fellow VT crew members as you share the emotional highs and lows of the battlefield.
- UNIQUE UNIVERSE – Steel Battalion Heavy Armor is set in a world where the balance of power has been dramatically changed following a technology meltdown and once mighty nations are now reliant on human skill and courage to regain justice and freedom.
- INNOVATION – As with the original Steel Battalion, Steel Battalion Heavy Armor, once more demonstrates Capcom’s commitment to take advantage of current technologies and push development boundaries to deliver unique and compelling gaming experiences.